Monday, April 6, 2009

Watch my garden grow.

Connor's feeling much better today thankfully. He's been a bit congested from allergies and (this is kind of gross so skip this next part if you're eating!) I think some of the mucous drained into his stomach while he slept and then mixed with his milk in a bad way. Gross!

He did get another injury though; a scratch below his eye from the dog. He punched the dog in the head and when he pulled back his arm to do it again, Jack went back on his hind legs to get out of the way. Connor stepped closer and right into the dog's paw. I swear this boy looks like we torture him. 

In other news, I got to do some garden shopping yesterday! I've been wanting to grow some of my own vegetables and herbs since last year, but was too nervous about it. Well, I got over that fear and purchased some pots, seeds and some plants. I have three pots right now. One has lettuce and celery. One has a strawberry plant and chocolate mint. One has bell peppers and eggplant. I need to get one more pot to put my herbs in once they sprout. I'm hoping I'll get some decent vegetables this summer. It should definitely be interesting as I haven't grown anything since a bean plant in kindergarten. It's raining right now but I'll get some pictures tomorrow. 

Connor had a great time playing with the dirt and is looking forward to doing some more gardening! I love being able to find ways to expose him to new things that are fairly inexpensive.

Anyone have any gardening tips to share?

1 comment:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Good luck! I'm terrible with gardens, but I hear it's a great thing for kids to help out with, and satisfying to grow your own veggies, fruits and herbs.