Friday, April 10, 2009

A sign of the times

Connor attended his first storytime this Tuesday at 11 am at the local library. This was the biggest of the local libraries and the parking lot is very large. And it was packed. The entire parking lot was full. People had taken to parking along the curbs. Some were waiting for cars to pull out of spots. It was like the mall on Christmas eve. 

I'm not sure if there was something going on or not, but I've never seen a library that packed in the middle of the day. I guess there were just a lot of people using the library's awesome resources. It's a great place to use the internet for free, read new books, rent DVDs, and more all for free. The library offers a lot of entertainment options all at no cost. Paid for by your tax dollars. 

Just out of curiosity I checked the holds on the Twilight books (I just watched the movie for the first time and loved it! So now I must read the books). The 1st book had 33 holds, the 2nd had 30 and the other 2 had close to the same. The DVD had 141 holds! I couldn't believe it. If everyone keeps the DVD for 1 week, the last person on the list won't get it for almost 3 years. It's definitely a popular book/movie and I finally understand why. 

No comments: