Saturday, January 31, 2009

Traveling

Yesterday I woke up at 4am, by choice. 

My sister-in-law's baby shower is tomorrow, which required a trip to NY. It's typically a 7 hour drive and I've made it several times so it's not a big deal. But there's one thing I've learned in the past two years from these trips, drive as much as you can while the kid sleeps. 

My son always falls asleep in the car even if it's not his typical nap-time. I once left right after work (6pm) and drove straight through, arriving at 1am. Connor slept pretty much the whole way and was then wide awake when we got to NY. So there I am, ready to pass out, and he's ready to play. At 4am he finally fell asleep again. I don't recommend it. 

Now, I try to wake up early so that we do as much of the drive as possibly during times he's normally asleep. It works out much better for everyone involved. 

Take my advice, if you have to make a long car trip, drive while they're already asleep. 

1 comment:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Good advice :)

By the way... the orange type is hard to see with the blue background. You might consider changing it, or making it bolder or a different font so that it stands out better :)